Traditional turkey is delicious, but have you ever had a slow roasted home cooked lamb? It is tender, juicy, flavorful, and SO MUCH BETTER than dry ass turkey. And this stuffing recipe, handed down to me from my mom, is to die for! Let me know if you try it out!
- Whole lamb
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 large onions
- 2 big celery stalks
- 1 loaf of dark bread
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 sticks of goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- half a bottle of wine
- Take out the lamb and place it in a big pot (that has a covering).
- The night before, take out the bread, cut it up and set it out overnight until it gets stale.
- Turn on the stove and simmer the onions and celery until they are soft.
- In a bowl to make the stuffing, combine the bread, soften goat cheese, celery and onions, and sun-dried tomatoes until well mixed.
- Cut small holes in the flesh of the lamb and put whole garlic cloves. This will add flavor and the acidity will create tenderness.
- Stuff the lamb with the stuffing mixture. Then wrap the lamb up with twine, top it with rosemary, and put in the oven on 325 degrees F.
- About an hour into cooking, pour half the bottle of wine on the lamb.
- After 2-3hours, take out the lamb. Let it rest before serving, then enjoy!
This stuffing is so delicious, I guarantee your guests will love this dish!
Who else makes lamb on thanksgiving? What’s your favorite dish.
Have a happy holiday and Happy Thanksgiving!